Monday 11 May 2020

Quick and easy Book Cover

                                                         Hello Hello All the crafty friends!
                Today I am posting a quick book cover made using art journalling (mixed media)  









                                                   It is a Mixed media challenge entry for 
                                                         More Mixed Media Challenge 

                                         
                                                    Theme: Anything goes with optional pink.


                                                 http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.com/




I have made a Book Cover using mixed media. I have followed very basic and simple steps for the project.



I started with basic preparation of the surface. I used one layer of a thin Golden Gesso and then colored the book cover with acrylic colors (  used Pink,Orange  and Yellow here). It was a very thin coat of the colors.

Once the colors were dry I used a bird cage stamp to create a pattern as a next layer. I also used some clear Cabochon stones along with the bird cage stamp to bring full look to the cover.

For the focal point, I cut a card stock in ATC size and distressed the edges with Ranger distress ink (vintage) and then did watercolor stamping.
To add to the layout I added some elements like flowers, fussy cut outs.

Finally added sentiments and that's it. It was quick and easy make over for an old book cover.
I hope you all will like it!

Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment