Wednesday 20 May 2020

Pawsitive Catitude


                        Hello Hello all my creative friends! Hope you all are doing well and safe!
 
                                               Today I am sharing a mixed media layout for 
                                                                Scrapping4funchallenges   








                                                      Theme #167 Animals and/or flowers.




                                           The sponsors for this challenge : SheepSki Design.



I choose to work on with CAT NAP image:

Hop over to https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com/ and play along with us. 
We will be happy to see your lovely creations!









               To start the process I have taken a 12' x 12' yellow card stock from Darice Core'dinations 
            and some newspaper cut outs. Glue the newspaper cutouts randomly on the cardstock.




This was followed by priming the surface by Daler Rowney Gesso and let it dry.




Then I started working on building the back ground for Which I have used big and small bubble stencil by Carta Bella Stencil  and Golden Molding Paste.


I then added some Burlap Lace piece and some  Moroccan pattern chipboard pieces (I made using Cricut) with the help of Golden Matt Gel medium







While the background pieces were getting cohered properly, I started working on making some more add on. Made fern mold using Wilton fondant mold






And adhered using Golden Matt Gel medium to the background 





I spray ink in black, blue and some green( DIY ink spray using water colors).


I sprayed multiple times to achieve a desirable intensity of the colors.
All this made up the background and I progressed towards working on with my focal point and embellishments. Here I have used Cat Digi Image by Sheepski Designs.
I printed the Image on a Strathmore Mixed media Paper  and colored it with Chalk Pastels  different tones of grey and skin color. Once my image was colored I added it to a patterned paper from my stash. I gave it a border as well to get a nice look using Martha stewart  Swirl Punch .
I again adhered this to one more background paper from Tim Holtz Heirloom stack.
And finally this came out as my desired focal point but before placing it on to the layout I glue some lace and and cheesecloth. Thereafter the cat image.



After adjusting the cat image on the layout I worked with some embellishments. Here I have used some fussy cut flowers and bird cage, some clear Cabochons,Time washi tape, Alphabet and butterfly stickers.

I also added DIY blue color flowers with swirl leaves. This brought me to the satisfactory level, so I splattered black water color and distressed the border with black color. 
Here is the close up look of the layout.












Hope you all will like it and get Inspired by this.
Let me know if you Enjoyed in comment section below and share your piece of work with me HERE
Don't forget to share this with your friends too!

Happy Crafting!


Watch the video for this project here:











 


 






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Mixed Media, lovely tutorial!
    Thank you for your DT Creation at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Hugs
    Rachelle
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete