Wednesday 24 March 2021

COLORS OF HAPPINESS

 Greetings!

March is a month of festivity in India celebrating the biggest festival of colors "HOLI". Playing with colors and spreading love and happiness is the essence of this very festival. 

Inspired by the festivity of the month and the mood board from march at MMA, I have created a canvas.

I am on MMA blog for guest designing for the month of March. Here, I would like to show you how simple yet gorgeous a project can be made with simple steps.


Basic steps:

I have used a  pre primed the canvas base using art basic heavy gesso

Add color texture paste ( pre made using acrylic colors and modeling paste from Golden basic. I  have used colors according to the mood board ) 

Using pallet knife  apply these texture paste across the canvas.

Add script and arrow head stamps here and there to prepare the flow in the project.

Emboss the chipboard and the frame with embossing powder. I have used EP from Hero arts and Moxy.

Now adhere the lace cutout, chipboard and frame using gel medium. And then adhere the focal picture.

To complete the project I am using some flowers I got from Recollections and fussy cut from The paper studio (florals on shiplap) loose paper. Adhere them using hot glue as desired. 

Add some silver beads, macro thermo beads and glitters using soft gel medium to cover the ends.

Finally, distress the border of the canvas using water and acrylic paint apply with the help of soft brush and stick the sentiment to complete the flow.


Here are some close up pictures of the canvas:



















I hope the project was simple and steps were easy to follow, I wish you all feel motivated to make something unique for yourself. 

Create and participate for march challenge at MMA. Do check their blog for more details.

Sharing their mood board here.

You can watch the video on my channel here.

Keep crafting!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment