Sunday 23 February 2020

mixed media wall hanging

Hello Everyone, Today I am writing about a mixed media project made with paint sticks. Its a wall hanging made out of paint sticks, I got from The Home Depot a year and a half ago, shells, left over cereal boxes embellishments.
                                



Here I have taken 5 sticks and joint them with wood glue and let it sit for couple of hours followed by attaching hardware on the back side of the sticks.

Thereafter I primed my base with a coat of Gesso. After Gesso got completely dry I gave a textured background using stencil and texture paste.
                               



I Heat dry after every step to my speed up process. Using heavy gel medium I adhered lace and net to give the project more depth.
Then I also adhered the shells of different sizes and shapes. After this step I let everything to completely dry, just to make sure all shell pieces are completely stick to the base(don't want and lose hanging pieces...).

Once this step is done I applied one more coat of Gesso generously.

And after the coat of Gesso was dried I applied acrylic paints and heat dry it.
I also applied some distress liquid ink to give shells some outline( I always like to add outlines, it adds to the project). I distressed the border of the hanging as well.
                                       



Before adding any embellishments I wanted to just brush slightly on shells with dry jesso.
For embellishments I added treasure hunt message bottle, some chipboard made out of cereal boxes ( I often like to make my embellishments from old cereal boxes)and finally I added glass gel beads to give it more interest.

Finally added the quote:" explore and fall in love with".



Few of the products that I have used for the projects are basically bought from Micheal's store
Art basic Gesso 
Golden modeling paste
acrylic paints shades of blue
distress liquid ink faded Jean and spice marmalade
Golden heavy gel medium
Liquitex Glass bead medium

Hope you all like this project.
Thanks and cheers 

Do visit my instagram page:



I am entering this for a blog challenge for February:


https://mixedmediaplace.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment