Wednesday 13 September 2017

DIY Simple decoupage on glass vase


Hello everyone! I am write this blog after long time of break, but I am back now. I am writing about how I have learned new technique of decoupage! here is the picture of a vase I made using Dollar Tree Napkin.

                                          






This a really cool technique I have started to love: Decoupage.  This was my first try on this technique and  gave my hands on a glass vase. At first I was bit apprehensive for the results but turned out really well to my imagination.

I purchased products from local craft and dollar stores. Here's the list of things you will need :
Glass vase
Decorative paper napkin of your choice
Mod podge or decoupage glue
White acrylic paint
And fine paint brush.

Let's get started!  First removes stickers from the glass surface.  Now clean the surface with warm soapy water and rinse well. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
If any dirt or grease residue still persists rub paper towel dampen with alcohol.

Now it's time for decorative napkin.  I used one I bought from dollar store. Simply remove the back ply and this can be done easily by rubbing moistened fingers on one side corner of the napkin( be careful not to rip off the napkin). Once the ply is removed slowly the decorative part becomes more thin and flexible. Now apply two coats of white acrylic paint on the glass surface( letting the paint coats to dry intermittently).
Once the paint gets dry its time to apply a coat of mod podge or decoupage glue.  Now carefully place the decorative napkin over the mod podge area and start smoothing it out to remove any bubbles or wrinkles. This can be done starting from the Centre to outward stroke using squeegee. Smooth,  smooth and smooth( be careful not to rip the paper). Let you project dry for about 20-30 minutes.
After it dries apply a thin coat of mod podge  over the napkin as a top coat.  This will assure more protection. Apply one more coat if needed.  Let them dry and you're all done!  Yay!  Isn't it that easy.  I am loving my project and heading to make new.
Take time to look at the finished picture of my project.  It looks fabulous. Thanks for your time.
Till then happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment